17 May 2007

MPY movie of the week

I rented this movie 'Lucky Number Slevin' last Tuesday (half price Tuesday, he hee), and I had absolutely no expectations. Didn't know anything about it except that Bruce Willis was in it. But had I known at that time that the director had also done Gangster No 1, that might have changed.

It's a good and funny movie, and Josh Hartnett (every girls favorite) is even really good in this one. He reminds me of a young Brad Pitt. Go rent it at a DVD store close by....

Another funny story... we almost didn't rent this movie because the DVD cover was so ugly (they use a different one in Australasia than the one to left, which looks good). All that brings me back to 2001, when I went to look at 'Gangster No 1', just because of the cool poster! Moral of the story,... make it look good at least!

More about the movie here. I don't care too much about doing complete reviews... you just have to trust my word... or check out imdb.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seen it. Totally decent movie, two hours well spent. But yesterday I watched Stranger Than Fiction. Highly appealing. I counter-recommend.

Peter said...

Covers are important, especially if you never heard about the film before.

mpy said...

Yes, it's sounds like a good movie (Stranger than fiction). I'll check it soon...

Peter - Yes covers are important, especially when you don't know what's inside. Don't judge a book...or movie...