10 May 2007

Football movie for art lovers, or art movie for football lovers?


Yesterday I went for a special screening of the movie 'ZIDANE: A 21st CENTURY PORTRAIT'. And it definitely was one of the most special movies I've ever seen. I didn't know what to expect either.Well,it was a full game of football (Real Madrid vs. other Spanish team), 90 minutes, and the only person they followed was Zidane, and not the ball as usual. So it was weird for sure, but also really enjoyable thanks to the good sounds/music etc. They did have some nice camera angles as well. However, I was still surprised that no more than 3 persons walked out of the movie theater, i.e. this movie is NOT for everyone. And it sure helps if you're into football.

Read more about the movie here

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, I read about this one some time ago. It sounds like a snoozefest - altho it is an original idea, for sure. My interest has been piqued.

Peter said...

I saw it on television here (in France). Zizi is still our big hero, despite a funny farewell in the lost final.